World History Questions :
1. During the early Roman Republic, plebeians were allowed to
==> b. serve in the Roman army.
2. Rome's first code of law was the
==>c. Twelve Tables.
3. In 73 B.C., the gladiator Spartacus
==> b. led a slave revolt.
4. Which of the following best describes the Roman government's attitude toward the early Christians?
==>d. The Roman government saw Christianity as a threat.
5. Diocletian divided his empire
==> c. into provinces.
6. How did the Great Peloponnesian War end? (1 point)
==> d. Sparta prevailed and established a short-lived empire.
7. Rome established a republic
==>b. after it overthrew its last Etruscan king.
8. Virgil's epic poem that portrays the qualities of the ideal Roman is
==>c. the Aeneid.
9. One way Roman statues were unlike Greek statues was that they
==>a. showed unpleasant physical details.
10. After the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire
==>c. continued to thrive.
This should help! :)
1b - (I think)
2c - (I think)
3b - he led a revolt
4d - Rome sort of allowed any religion in its empire. As long as it didn't claim to be the only religion.
5b? - Diocletian divided the empire into east and west though, not north and south
8c - (I think)
9 ? Don't know sorry
10c - for another thousand years (until the fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans in 1453)
EDIT: Glad me and Randle agree on most of the answers - this has been an interesting set of questions.
Just be careful on number 5. I know for definite that Diocletian divided the empire into east and west To my mind "provinces" suggests half a dozen small states and that would be wrong. But maybe the question is just ambiguous and they do only mean two provinces.
No. 6 - I still think it may be answer b. But I'm not certain (I was debating between either b or d). Just check it.
No. 9 - glad Randal answered that one, I had no clue!
im sure about these i got a 100% so u will 2
Just so everyone knows, the correct answers are;