World Geography please check my answers?
1. Which of the following demographic characteristics distinguishes Europe's population from that of Asia?
More Europeans inhabit rural areas.
The European population is much younger.
Europeans are more concentrated in urban areas.
Europe has a larger population concentration than Asia.
2. Where is the largest population concentration in the Western Hemisphere?
in the interior of Mexico
along the Brazilian coast
on the northeast U.S. and southeast Canadian seaboards
in the southern half of California
3. In which of the following ways can a population grow?
4. Which area is considered to be the most densely populated?
5. Which area of the world has experienced the greatest population growth over the past 10 years?
6. What event was responsible for the first population explosion?
the Industrial Revolution
the invention of fire
the Agricultural Revolution
the development of cities
7. Which of the following characterizes a Stage 3 population? (1 point)
produces many offspring
lives in rural areas
experiences a sharp increase in crude death rate
consists primarily of urban dwellers
8. Which is the result of zero population growth? (1 point)
no natural increase
a rapid decline in human population
the elimination of high-density populations
9. Which statement is true regarding the distribution of population throughout the world? (1 point)
Three-fourths of the world population occupies half of the planet's surface because of the abundance of hospitable land.
Three-fourths of the world population occupies 5 percent of the planet's surface due to water and less hospitable land.
Three-fourths of the world population now occupies half of the planet's surface due to diminishing polar areas as a result of global warming.
Half of the world population occupies 5 percent of the planet's surface due to more advanced forms of transportation.
10. Natural increase can be best defined as (1 point)
population growth that occurs due to people's desire to migrate to more desirable locations.
population growth that occurs due to an increase in the birthrate.
population growth that occurs due to advances in the medical field, which will diminish fatal illnesses.
population growth that occurs due to favorable climatic and weather patterns in a region.