Plz i dont want any smart remarks i just want u to help me with my homework!?
1. Which of the following is the correct definition of biodiversity? (1 point)
contamination that does not come from a single source
organisms that are on the endangered species list
the variance of plant and animal species within an environment
raw materials derived from the environment
2. Which of the following laws was passed to protect the environment? (1 point)
the North American Fair Trade Agreement
the Patriot Act
the Clean Air Act
the Oceanic Use Act
3. Which of the following is the main component of smog? (1 point)
4. What was the time of greatest population growth in the world? (1 point)
the late nineteenth century
the mid-seventeenth century
the early twenty-first century
the mid-twentieth century
5. Which of the following is a result of a population reaching carrying capacity? (1 point)
shortages of food; not enough food for the population
surpluses of food; abundant food supplies
decrease in population due to disease
an earthquake destroys the population's habitat
6. Which of the following would NOT encourage a population to experience exponential growth?
a constant birth rate
a surplus of food
a lack of disease
a large-scale natural disaster
7. Which of the following BEST describes the concept of reclamation? (1 point)
using microorganisms to restore a polluted area
clearing naturally grown forests
creating new, habitable land out of riverbeds
using a natural resource over again
8. Which of the following is TRUE about fossil fuels? (1 point)
They are non-renewable.
They are renewable.
They are used to research the remains of early humans.
They are generated from the sun.
9. Which of the following are examples of fossil fuels? (1 point)
coal, petroleum, and wind power
coal, petroleum, and natural gas
petroleum, natural gas, and solar power
natural gas, coal, and wind power
10. Approximately what percent of Earth's species live in rainforests? (1 point)
11. Which of the following statements about rainforests is a myth? (1 point)
If deforested, rainforests can grow back.
Rainforest soil is not very rich.
Agribusiness is responsible for much of rainforest deforestation.
Farmers in South America are often paid to protect the rainforest.
12. Which of the following products comes from a non-renewable source? (1 point)
13. Which of the following best defines conservation? (1 point)
maintaining and protecting a resource
making new products out of raw materials
carefully and responsibly using a resource
exploiting and misusing a resource
14. Which of the following actions does NOT promote environmental sustainability? (1 point)
using a reusable coffee mug
recycling metal cans
putting paper in the trashcan
not letting the water run while brushing your teeth
15. Which of the following weather patterns bring cooler temperatures to the Pacific region? (1 point)
the Ice Age
16. Which of the following is true about Ice Ages? (1 point)
They are caused by man-made activities.
They are a feature of Earth's natural weather patterns.
They make Earth's overall temperature drop hundreds of degrees.
They occur every five years.
17. Global warming creates which of the following effects? (1 point)
change in population density
change in rainfall
change in human migration
changes in amounts of available fossil fuels
18. One-half of the world's energy comes from which source? (1 point)
19. Hydroelectric power is what kind of energy source? (1 point)
one that comes from the sun
one that is generated by water
one that is produced by Earth's heat
one that comes from fossil fuels of the sea
20. Which of the following is a disadvantage of nuclear energy production? (1 point)
It requires much land to operate.
It disturbs populations of fish and other waterfowl.
It produces dangerous radioactive waste.
It requires wind to operate, and not all areas are windy