Please help with these four math questions ive tried for an hour! :(?
Question 7 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
Which of the following has a solution of 5?
3 times the reciprocal of three-fifths
six divided by five-sixths
seven-eighths of four and three-eighths
one-fourth times one-twentieth
Question 8 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
A hurricane caused ten and two-thirds inches of rainfall in one month, which is six and one-third inches more than the average. Consider the addition equation you would solve for the average monthly rainfall. What operation must be done on both sides to solve the equation?
Add ten and two-thirds.
Subtract six and one-third.
Subtract ten and two-thirds.
Add six and one-third.
Question 9 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
Jarvis and his family took a road trip. His dad drove for the first half of the trip. His mom drove for two-thirds of the remaining time, and then Jarvis drove the rest of the way. If the total trip took 6 hours, how long did Jarvis drive?
one and seven-twelfths hours
three and one-fourth hours
Question 10 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
Which shows two ninety-ninths as a decimal?
zero point zero two, with a bar over the two
zero point zero two with a bar over the entire decimal
zero point zero two zero with a bar over the digits after the decimal point
zero point zero two with a bar over the digits after the decimal point
1. 3 times the reciprocal of three-fifths: 5/3 x 3= 5 the threes cancel each other out
2. Ten and two-thirds inches of rainfall in one month, which is six and one-third inches more than the average
The word "is" represents the = sign
The words "more than" represent the add + sign
ten and two-thirds = six and one-third inches + the average
10 ? = 6 ? + average
Subtract 6 ? from both sides
4 ? = average
- Subtract six and one-third.
3. If the total trip took 3 hours and his dad drove the first half--- his dad drove 3 hours
His mom drove 2/3 of the leftover time (6-3) so 2/3 x 3= 2 hours
total time alotted for is 5 hours. 6-5 = 1 hour. He drove for 1 hour
4. zero point zero two with a bar over the digits after the decimal point2/99 = 0.02020202020202020202020202 so the line would be over the repeating part .02
For the first question is : 3 times the recipricol of three-fifths,
(3.07) is 1 hour