1. As you can see, 52degree + 90degree + y forms a triangle. So to find y, 180degree - 52degree - 90degree. y = 38degree.
2. Both lines are equal. So the two angles must be the same too. x+2 = 52. Then, x = 50
3. Again, using the concept of equal lines. 2x+10 = 3x-6. Solve the equation, x = 16
4. E is midpoint of DB. So EB or ED is 1/2 of the total length. 22/2 = 11. x+4 = 11. Then, x = 7
5. Since a kite is quadrilateral, so the sum of all its angles will always be 360.
1) 90 - 52 = 38
2) boy, you have the tic marks indicating the angles are the same. if one is 52 and the other is x + 2 then 50 + 2 = 52. so x = 50
3) they are equal so set them equal. 2x + 10 = 3x -6 , collect like terms. x = 16
4) boy, you can do these, stop and think them through! if one side to the other is 22, then how far is half way? 11 correct, then x + 4 = 11 x must be 7
5) short-cut way to always measure angles, take your total number of angles, 4 in this case, subtract 2 then multiply by 180. so 360 is the answer. try to practice some of these. what if you had a octagon, 8 sides? 8 - 2 = 6, then 6 times 180 = 1080 degrees
5. The sum of the measures of the angles in a kite is:
the sum of the measures of the angles of a quadrilateral is 360o
One problem at a time.