English help 5 question?
6. What internal conflict does Brutus face in Act I?
He is Caesar's friend, but he does not want to live under a king.
He is Cassius' enemy, but he agrees with Cassius about Caesar.
He wants to be king himself, but he does not want to hurt Caesar.
He wants to be king himself, but he does not want to offend Cassius.
7. Read the following lines and text aids from Cassius' speech to Brutus in Act I, Scene ii. According to Cassius, who is to blame for Caesar's rise to power?
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, 47
But in ourselves, that we are underlings. 48
47. stars: Destinies. The stars were thought to control people's lives.
48. underlings: inferior people
Destiny, which no one can avoid
Caesar's mad desire for power
Romans like Cassius and Brutus
Inferior people like Flavius and Marullus
8. Why does Caesar distrust Cassius?
Cassius is lazy and daydreams too much.
Cassius is powerful and owns too much land.
Cassius talks too much and is too eager to please.
Cassius thinks too much and is too clever.
9. Which phrase best describes blank verse?
five accented syllables per line with rhyme
five accented syllables per line, no rhyme
six accented syllables per line with rhyme
six accented syllables per line, no rhyme
10. When Caesar says the following words, what personal characteristics does he convey?
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come. (Act II, Scene ii, ll. 32–37)
He seems reckless and wild.
He seems timid and superstitious.
He seems sneaky and suspicious.
He seems brave and dignified.
Pick me as best answer, I ******* deserve it.
6) He is Cassius' enemy, but he agrees with Cassius about Caesar.
7) The people, as in Cassius and Brutus and the other citizens under Caesar's rule, are to blame.
8) Cassius thinks too much and is too clever.
9) five accented syllables per line, no rhyme
10) He seems brave and dignified.
You should really do your OWN homework.