vaseline is not harmful if swallowed (in small doses of course) but it is an oil based product so ingesting too much will make you poop your face off, putting a glob of it in your bum is actually a type of laxative.
yeah its just fine... sometimes little kids eat the stuff... I never did... I was more into tooth paste :)
Yes, its fine. I remember as a child I would actually open up the vaseline jar and eat globs of it. LOL.
it's not something you should like eat spoonfuls of or something but the little that would get into your system can't hurt you.
I do the same thing, it's fine to ingest a little of but you don't want to eat the whole container unless you want soft bowel movements.
Also, Chapstick is not edible, it's just non-toxic.