Car insurance question?

I am insured with RAC, and yesterday I found my car vandalised (something like brake fluid thrown on car paintwork), and was wondering if they write the car off and I may decide to buy the car back of them will I still be insured for the rest of the year (ends in may 2011) with them? or will I need to make a new policy thereafter


When a car is written off by a claim on the insurance the policy ends at the same time so the answer is a clear no. If you have not already paid it all the amount outstanding of the 12 month premium will be deducted from the settlement they give you.


If it just ruined your paint job then the insurance company is not going to total and write off your car. As far as the insurance goes your covered until your policy ends. Just renew.