How can I change my daughters last name in the State of Missouri?

I have primary custody of my 9 year old daughter and have had for the past four years. Her mom rarely visits or calls even though she lives 30 minutes drive away. Well for a while now my daughter has been begging me to let her changer her last name from her moms to mine.

Am I legally allowed to do this? What kind of lawyer handles this kind of situation? How do I do it?


Ask a family law lawyer. You probably need mom's permission but maybe not. Good luck!


I was in the same difficulty last year. I was able to find assistance from a lawyer from on


Wait, let me get one thing straight: Why does she have your mother's last name? Aren't children supposed to take their father's last name?


are you sure u did no kidnap her or bought her from mexico?